Vadodara Branch of WIRC of ICAI jointly with Vadodara Branch of WICASA organises Virtual GST Refresher course.
Goods & Services Tax, effected almost four years ago, is continuously evolving and changes seems keeping pace with underlying circumstances. There are more than 500 Notifications, and more than 130 circulars/orders has been issued till date by the government. The need is being felt to learn, unlearn and relearn the concepts of GST.
We are happy to announce that Virtual GST Refresher Course is scheduled with the dual objective of giving conceptual knowledge and explaining beyond basics the various burning topics of GST. The proposed structure of the course is as under:
For Members : Rs. 1180/- Including GST
For Student: Rs. 400/- (Please Select Child option for student's payment)
To Register visit: http://baroda-icai.org/member_events/register/57
Time: 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm (Everyday)
Meet the Speakers:
Day 1: Monday, 7th June, 2021, Speaker: CA Shubham Khaitan, Kolkata
Topic : Levy & Scope of supply and relevant important definitions
- Levy residing in two statues – CGST and SGST and working simultaneously. (Section 9 of CGST & Section 5 of IGST Act.
- Definition of supply and all forms of supply and purpose thereof.
- Levy of IGST
- Identification of nature of supply – inter-State or intra-State with common errors
- Discussion on definition of goods, service, Business, composite and mixed supply, supplier, and recipient, etc.
- Interpretation of scope of RCM u/s 9(3)& 9(4)
Day 2: Tuesday, 8th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Shubham Khaitan, Kolkata
Topic: Composition Levy, Exemptions and Schedules to the concept of Supply
- Purpose and applicability, relevance to trade and restrictions including Composition rules.
- Purpose of exemption, indication of taxability by the existence of exemptions, new insights into taxability of certain transactions in GST and whether exemption from output tax applies to RCM also.
- Interpretation of scope of exemption notification by taking examples of goods and services separately.
- Schedule I, II & III with special focus on cross charge & branch transfer.
Day 3: Wednesday, 9th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Anirudh Sonpal, Vadodara
Topic: Time and Value of supply
- Time of supply of goods
- Time of supply of services
- Ingredients of section 15 - value of supply and specific inclusions and exclusions
- Consideration versus sole consideration
- Absence of consideration versus presence of non-monetary consideration
- Discount versus bad debts
- Inclusion of reimbursement and its concept
- Gift versus CSR
- Issues in time and value of supply
Day 4: Thursday, 10th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Varun Fitter, Vadodara
Topic: Input Tax Credit – Part I
- Eligibility and conditions for taking Input Tax Credit.
- ITC Scheme -available-availed-allowed-utilized of credit,
- Definition of input tax, input tax credit, central tax, integrated tax
- Ingredients in section 16
- Linkage of credit with Schedule I supplies
- Linkage of credit with cancellation of registration
- Issues in ITC
Day 5: Friday, 11th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Varun Fitter, Vadodara
Topic: Input Tax Credit – Part II
- Purpose and exclusions through section 17- Apportionment of credit & blocked credit
- Definition of input, input service, capital goods
- Practical example of apportionment of credit
- Savings through section 18 – Availability of credit in special circumstances.
- Manner of distribution of credit by ISD
Day 6: Monday, 14th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Dhruvank Parikh, Vadodara
Topic: Place of supply of goods & services, domestic & international along with classification
- Meaning of location of supplier of and location of recipient.
- Definition of recipient with respect to supplies involving payment and supplies not involving payment.
- Detailed discussion on all clauses on place of supply of goods and services separately with example.
- OIDAR with examples.
- Rules of Interpretation of classification
- Reliability of HSN and SAC for interpretation.
Day 7: Tuesday, 15th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Siddharth Jadeja, Vadodara
Topic: Registration, Returns and Compliance
- Persons liable and not liable for registration
- Person versus taxable person
- Taxable person versus registered person
- Compulsory registration including registration for TDS & TCS, ISD
- Types, Applicability, Matching, Final returns with Rules and specific reference to issues in GTSR1 and GSTR3B (including QRMP)
Day 8: Wednesday, 16th June, 2021, Speaker: Mr. Sanjay Saraswat
Topic: Documentation and books of accounts including E invoice, e-way bill and Job-work.
- Accounts and period of retention of account
- Type of electronic ledgers
- Invoice, e-invoice, Credit notes and debit notes
- E-way bill and movement without supply
- Job-work and contract manufacturing
- Job-work and repairing
- Job-worker’s privilege not to be registered – legal basis and responsibility accepted by Principal,
- ITC in case of goods sent to Job-work
Day 9: Thursday, 17th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Jigar Parikh
Topic: Import, Export, SEZ and refund under GST.
- Differentiate between export of goods and export of services,
- Comparison with import of goods and import of services,
- Supply to exporter, actual exports, supplies to SEZ and supplies between SEZs, merchant export, deemed export
- Zero rated supplies,
- Type of refunds, period, terms and conditions
- Error in payment of CGST-SGST or IGST
- Unjust enrichment – applicable and inapplicable cases
- Limitation – legality and vested right to refund.
Day 10: Friday, 18th June, 2021, Speaker: Adv. Saurabh Dixit
Topic: Assessment, Demand and recovery, offences & penalties
- Assessment under chapter XII & Audit under Chapter XIII along with Rule no 98 to 102
- Demands and Recovery under chapter XV,
- Offences and penalties including ‘general principles’ for imposing / not imposing penalty under chapter XIX
Day 11: Saturday, 19th June, 2021, Speaker: CA. Abhay Desai
Topic: Interactive session on various issues in GST
For More Information Contact on : 8511077115, 0265 2681115, 0265 2680593